Home Insurance Help Call 020 33 55 4831
A trading style of Platinum Financial Consulting
Get Information and Quotes
Get help finding buildings and contents insurance
Insurance Help Home
About Us
Contact Home Insurance Help
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Buildings Insurance
Contents Insurance
Home Insurance Testimonials
Information Footer
Specialist Insurance
Listed Buildings
Unusual Construction
High Value Possessions
Possessions away from home
Unoccupied Property
Holiday / Second Homes
Business at home
Dangerious Jobs
Request Home Insurance Quotes
Specialist Footer
Policy Declines
IFA's and mortgage brokers
Registered Charities
Webmasters and others
Broker footer
Links and Info
News and Information Blog
Rebuild Calculator
Terms and Conditions
Initial Disclosure
Privacy Policy
FSA Register
Information Footer
Get help with Subsidence Insurance


Subsidence, landslip or heave are serious conditions that will have a major impact on your ability to obtain buildings insurance now and into the future.


If your property (or the property of a neighbour) is showing signs of these events then your chances of obtaining insurance with a new insurer are minimal while these matters remain unresolved. If you already have insurance in place, our view is that you should keep it.


If you do not already have insurance then, in our experience, no insurer will offer you cover until the property has been made sound. The most likely remedy is to have the property underpinned. You will also be required to provide a structural survey report, which has been conducted after the repairs were made.


Even then your chances of finding a high street insurer to take you are limited.

The majority of mainstream home insurers will often not offer buildings and contents insurance to people who live in properties which have been underpinned, or are in an area which can be liable to subsidence.

We do however have specialist household insurers who will consider your application if you live in an area of subsidence, or if your property has already suffered from subsidence and has been underpinned.

We work with specialist insurers to find a buildings and contents insurance policy for you.


What we need to know

Our specialists will need to know details of your circumstances and your property, and so it is helpful if you are able to have this information to hand.


They will be interested in the causes of the problem, whether this is likely to re-occur (i.e is the area prone to subsidence), the conditions of neighbouring properties (particularly if they are attached to your property) and the view of a qualified surveyor.

Subsidence Insurance Please Note : Once your property has suffered from subsidence it is the case that most insurers will require a full structural report of the whole property, and not just the affected area, from a qualified surveyor. This is because damage to one part of the home can cause unseen problems in another part.


From Summer 2013, we have been able to offer many customers subsidence buidlings insurance without a survey. Our underwriters estimate that less than a third of our customers will be required to produce a survey.

Our home insurance specialists will use their expertise to hopefully find you some buildings and contents insurance that recognises your subsidence at a resonable premium.

Whilst you may have to pay more for your buildings insurance than you did before, because of the specialist nature of your case, at least you’ll have the peace of mind of knowing you are insured.

Also, if you have a mortgage on your property, it is a condition of your mortgage that your home is properly insured. Your mortgage lender will want to ensure that you have a sufficient level of buildings insurance cover. You have a duty to make your mortgage lender aware if you do not have buildings insurance on the property.

sunsidence insurance
subsidence left Get help insuring your property against subsidence, landslip or heave insurance help for subsidence
home insurance help
Subsidence buildings insurance
How to get help now !

If you have a property that has suffered from subsidence and this is causing you difficulty in finding insurance - help is at hand.

Call Us Now !

Call home insurance help
call 020 33 55 4831
Our normal working hours are : 9am - 5pm Monday to Friday. If you need any help or information please call the number above and a fully trained member of our team will be happy to help you.
insurance divider
use our on-line form
You can at anytime enter your details into our secure webform. Just click the button below.
Get Home Insurance Help and Quotes
home insurance
Download a quote from
If you prefer to print and send us a paper copy then the link below will open a PDF version of our quote form.
Download printable quote request
Once you have completed the form you can either send it to us at the address at the bottom of this page, or fax it to us on 0871 277 1422.
Get help footer
Criminal conviction Insurance Divider



Home Insurance Help is a trading style of
Platinum Financial Consulting
The Old School House, East End Road
Bradwell-on-Sea, Essex, CM0 7PY

Telephone : 020 33 55 4831            Fax : 0871 277 1422            Email : info@platinumifa.co.uk


Copyright © 2006 & 2012 Platinum Financial Consulting

FCA Registration Number : 227014

Home Insurance Specialists

Home Insurance Surgery Footer