Home Insurance Help Call 020 33 55 4831
A trading style of Platinum Financial Consulting
Get Information and Quotes
Get help finding buildings and contents insurance
Insurance Help Home
About Us
Contact Home Insurance Help
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Buildings Insurance
Contents Insurance
Home Insurance Testimonials
Information Footer
Specialist Insurance
Listed Buildings
Unusual Construction
High Value Possessions
Possessions away from home
Unoccupied Property
Holiday / Second Homes
Business at home
Dangerious Jobs
Request Home Insurance Quotes
Specialist Footer
Policy Declines
IFA's and mortgage brokers
Registered Charities
Webmasters and others
Broker footer
Links and Info
News and Information Blog
Rebuild Calculator
Terms and Conditions
Initial Disclosure
Privacy Policy
FSA Register
Information Footer
Buildings Insurance Quotes

If you are not having any problems renewing your cover, or you are looking to buy cover for the first time, choose this option.

Save money with our leading insurers
Standard and Specialist Buildings Insurance

If your insurer has declined to renew your policy, or you have special property insurance needs then choose this option.

Buildings Quotes Left
Insure your property Building Divider
Home Insurance Help
Get Quotes on your Buildings Insurance Renewal Get Specialist help to insurer your building

We can help if you have been declined or refused buildings insurance, or if you have had your buildings insurance cancelled, or you have special insurance needs at your property.

We can also offer very competitive premiums for people who qualify for standard rates and are simply looking to get Buildings & Contents Insurance at a cheaper price.


The reasons why you may have had your insurance turned down are important, as it will influence which insurers may offer you cover. However our specialist insurers should be able to find you insurance, so just get in touch with us.

In order to help you, we will need to know how much buildings insurance cover you require. This is known as the rebuild value, and further details on how to calculate it can be found below.

Below are some of the important things you need to consider when applying for buildings insurance :

Frequently Asked Questions About buildings insurance

Buildings insurance covers the cost of damage to the structure of your property. This generally includes the roof, walls, ceilings, floors, doors and windows.

Outbuildings such as garages, greenhouses and garden sheds may also be covered, but you should check your policy to see if boundary walls, fences, paths, drives or swimming pools are covered.

Buildings insurance covers the permanent fixtures and fittings in your home. These include things you would not normally take with you when you move, for example the bath, toilet and fitted kitchen. Interior decoration, as well as underground pipes, cables and drains for which you are responsible, are also usually covered (from your home to the mains supply).

Buildings insurance usually covers loss or damage to your home that occurs as a result of:

  • fire and explosion
  • storm and flood, including lightning
  • theft or attempted theft
  • malicious damage or vandalism
  • freezing or bursting of any part of the plumbing system
  • falling trees, lampposts, aerials or satellite dishes
  • subsidence, heave or landslip
  • impact by vehicles or aircraft
  • earthquakes
Your buildings insurance should cover the full cost of rebuilding your property, including the cost of demolition, clearing the site and architect’s fees. Any special features such as a conservatory or a luxury fitted kitchen should be included in the costs.

Please note, the market value of your home or the Council Tax band valuation have no direct relationship to the cost of rebuilding your home.

It is your responsibility to get the rebuild value right.

There are three main ways to get the rebuild value of your home:

1. You can instruct a chartered surveyor to prepare a professional Rebuilding Cost Assessment for insurance purposes
2. If you have a recent mortgage offer on your property, this will often contain a “Value for Insurance Purposes” figure. This is the rebuild value which the mortgage lender requires you to ensure your property is covered for insurance purposes
3. You can use the House Rebuild Calculator, which calculates the rebuild cost of your property, based on its size, postcode, property type etc.

Other Things to Consider

You can usually opt to include protection against accidental damage to your home. This is additional cover which will cost extra. Please note that, depending on the reasons for your insurance being declined, refused or cancelled, the insurer may not offer you accidental damage.
Every buildings insurance policy will have limits and exclusions, and it is important that you read and understand them, as it is a legal contract. Particularly in the area of specialist insurance, you may find the insurer places specific exclusions on your policy.
An excess is the amount of money that you must pay towards the cost of each claim. Quite often, you will have a choice of the excess you wish to pay. The specialist insurance policies may have higher than normal excesses, particularly if the reason your buildings insurance was cancelled was due to the number of claims you made.
You must ensure that the amount that your property is insured for, or its rebuild value, is kept up to date to allow for changing rebuilding costs. Most buildings insurance policies will have the rebuild value index-linked, so that it increases gradually over time. However index-linking can only work properly if your rebuild value is correct to start with, so please use our rebuild calculator to check. You should check your rebuild value every few years and not just rely on index-linking.
When you buy insurance, it is your responsibility to ensure the following :

You give your insurer as much information as possible about anything which might affect their decision to insure you, or how much to charge. This is particularly important when it comes to giving them full disclosure on your claims history, as failure to disclose your full claims history can invalidate your insurance.

You inform your insurer of any change in your circumstances, for example if you carry out any home improvements to your property or if you or someone who lives with you gets a criminal conviction. You should inform your insurer immediately and not wait until it is time to renew your insurance policy.

Criminal conviction Insurance Divider



Home Insurance Help is a trading style of
Platinum Financial Consulting
The Old School House, East End Road
Bradwell-on-Sea, Essex, CM0 7PY

Telephone : 020 33 55 4831            Fax : 0871 277 1422            Email : info@platinumifa.co.uk


Copyright © 2006 & 2012 Platinum Financial Consulting

FCA Registration Number : 227014

Home Insurance Specialists

Home Insurance Surgery Footer